The WA-47jr is an FET transformerless version of the highly renowned classic ‘47 microphone that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47jr is fully discrete, has 3 polar patterns and is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications. The WA-47jr sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The WA-47jr proudly utilizes a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage design. Our version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeat-ability that allows the most important sonic piece of the classic mic to be heard and influence the tone and signature of the WA-47jr. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path, when paired with this excellent true '47 style capsule, allows it to obtain a very similar tone to the classic ‘47 microphone, but at a much lower price tag.
The WA-47jr circuit uses high quality Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors. The circuit is modernized and more simple than the classic ‘47 tube microphone, but the components and circuitry are top-notch, and have a sound quality and tone that punches far above anything we’ve ever heard in this price range.
FET transformerless '47 style condenser microphone.
• Custom true '47 capsule reproduction (k47 style) - Model# WA-47-B-80v.
• Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS mylar (PET film).
• Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors.
• Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure-of-eight, and omnidirectional.
• High-pass filter: 70Hz
• Pad: -10db
• Self-noise: 9dBA
• Dynamic range: 138dBA
• Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB)
• Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
• Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa or -40dB
• Output Impedance: 100 ohms
• Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
• Maximum output: 16dBu @1kHz, 1kOhms, 0.5% THD
• S/N Ratio: 85dBA (IEC651)
• Equivalent Noise: 9dBA (IEC651)
• Dynamic Range: 138dBA (IEC651)
• 48v phantom powered
• 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
• Includes: Shockmount, hardmount, zipper storage pouch
• Nickel Plated
• Weight: 1.1 lbs
• Diameter: 52mm
• Length: 210mm