Elite Audio Conversion with Two Unison Mic Preamps, New HEXA Core Processing and Surround Sound Monitoring.
Apollo x6 allows music producers and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, and 5.1 surround sound monitoring* — all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 16 x 22 interface distinguishes itself with two Unison™-enabled mic preamps, providing authentic emulations of preamps from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, SSL and more, plus all-new HEXA Core processing — yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time.
In addition to its elite-class audio conversion, Apollo x6 features selectable operating level for compatibility with professional +24 dBu gear, as well as an integrated monitor controller and built-in talkback mic.
- Experience elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available — at any price
- Track and mix with powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP chips for running more award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
- Record with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve,API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison™ technology*
- Easily connect to pro-level studio gear with switchable +24 / +20 dBu headroom settings
- Work in surround formats up to 5.1*, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
- Integrated talkback and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes
*Surround Sound Support for Apollo X Coming Q4 2018.
**Mac Pro (Late 2013 “black cylinder” model) compatibility for Apollo X coming Q4 2018.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of chart-topping songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are no strangers to tracking stellar-sounding records. To improve on the previous generation Apollo interfaces’ class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters — ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for an ultra-pristine signal path.
With 129 dB dynamic range and -118 dB THD+N, Apollo x6’s open, natural sound quality rivals any dedicated high-end converter on the market — regardless of price — and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo x6 features HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you’re tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analog sound that UAD plug-ins provide.
Unison™ Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, API, & Manley Preamps
Perfect for electronic musicians and post production professionals who don’t require tons of mic inputs, Apollo x6 features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and Universal Audio.*** A Universal Audio exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard Realtime UAD Processing.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
A hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency. Apollo x6 includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, so you can record and mix with the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and guitar and bass amps from Marshall and Ampeg.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Going beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-ins, Apollo x6 lets you tap into the full UAD Powered Plug-In library of name-brand vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines, channel strips, and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU.
With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, SSL, Lexicon, Fender, and more,*** it’s like having a studio full of iconic analog gear, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these award-winning DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Surround Sound Monitoring* and +24dBu Operation
With comprehensive 5.1 surround monitoring support, Apollo x6 is a boon for engineers and producers working on audio and music for video games, television, and the web. In addition, Apollo x6 offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Build a Networked Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo x6 offers 16 x 22 simultaneous inputs/outputs (6 x 6 analog I/O) and two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports, which are backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs** via adapter (sold separately). This allows users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin or Apollo rackmount audio interfaces to easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your studio grows.
Apollo x6 Key Features:
- 16 x 22 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion
- Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Record through 2 Unison-enabled mic/line preamps — giving you fully authentic preamp emulations from Neve,API, Manley, SSL, and more***
- Surround monitor controller up to 5.1 format*
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic and more
- UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices; backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via optional adapter
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
Precision Enhancer Hz
Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
***Apollo x6 includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.